Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Record Breaking Attempt Countdown.....................................0

Hi All,

Well, I'm looking forward to the walk.  Things are going pretty well with the preparations.

Following is a status check on how things are going:
  •  My physical well being is at about 95% with my knees being the main concern.  I had the problem with my knees on the last training walk and I was able to do the walk without my knees getting worse so that would indicate that I know how to manage the problem.:)
  • My fitness is at about 90% of where I'd like it to be.  I wanted to be able to leg press 270kg but the best I've done is 240kg.  I won't be doing any more leg presses because they stress my lower back out so I'll be doing more swats, lunges, stair climbs, hill climbs, etc instead.  I also wanted to be jogging about 60km per week but I've peaked out at about 50km per week.
  • My weight is at about 93.5kg and I'd like to start the walk at about ~92kg.  My ideal weight might be around 87kg and the walk drops my weight by about 0.5kg per day.
  • Mentally I think I'm ready.  I know what to expect for the first 5 days as I've done 5 days before.  After that it will be a new experience in how I handle myself mentally and spiritually.
  • Joy, Garry & Beth all seem to be more excited than myself and I'm expecting them to have a great time as the support crew.  Joy is a bit overloaded with some of her tasks like food prep, getting me ready in the morning, looking after me at night and blogging, so spare a thought for her.
My guess is that if all goes to expectation I should be able to do at least 6 days without much problem.  After that I figure up to 12 days will be the challenge then after 12 days I'm hoping that I can drag myself to Albany regardless.

I thank you all for your well wishes and prayers.

Best regards,
Paul Madden PMP
IS Project Manager

3 comments:

  1. We are counting down with you. You CAN do it.XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul ... I enjoyed talking to you this evening and will follow you with my own very live recollections as take off in the morning ... I wish you all the best ... regards Uwe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only hope that you have better communications with you than what Uwe had, other wise you will have some long waiting at your meetup points.
    Good luck anyway, Terry

    ReplyDelete